Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Remove Silk from Corn the easy way



I had a friend tell me about this tip and I have to admit I had my doubts but living in the country and putting up lots of vegetables from the garden, I just had to give it at try.  Anyone who has spent a day preparing corn for freezing knows that the worst part i trying to get all the little strands of silk off the cob.  This tip makes that super easy.  All you have to do it put the whole ear of corn, yes shucks, silks and everything, into the microwave for 8 minutes.  My friend told me to do two ears at a time but I tried it with up to six and it worked fine.  After 8 minutes, allow it to cool in the microwave for a few minutes.  Take out with a towel because the will be hot.  Use the towel to push the corn out of the shuck.  You will be amazed at how it will come out perfectly clean, no silk.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Thrifty Livin Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Make Money from Zazzle|web hosting